Followers

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Celebrate!

Hello!  What a week this is turning out to be.  Yesterday I managed to lock myself and the kids out of the house.  We spent 2 hours in the back yard until hubby got home.  Luckily he has a key to one of the doors that worked (we didn't think it went to the house).  The key he picked up from the rental company didn't go to any of the doors.  Yikes.

Anyway, my nephew has a birthday coming up on the 4th, so I thought I'd share the card I made for him.

The image is Toby n Buster Birthday from Doodle Dragon Studio.  I colored the image with Bic Markits.  For the background paper I embossed a piece of blue cardstock and used a white ink pad to help make the circles pop a little.  I did the same with the red cs piece.  The sentiment is from K. Andrew Designs.  On the inside I stamped Happy Birthday.

Challenges...
Pike's Playground - Red, White and Blue
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments - Red, White and Blue
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes w/twist use Animals or creatures
Craft Your Passion - Red, White and Blue
Paper Playtime - Red, White and Blue

Thanks for visiting.  Have a great day.

~Rhonda

13 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! The embossing is fabulous and the image is so cute!! What a fun card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

CraftyGirl said...

Lovely job on your cards and I love the embossed backgrounds. Thank you for playing along this week at “Pike’s Playground”. I sure hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Doodle Dragon Studio DT

pauline said...

love the card is very sweet xx ps i have to remember to take my key as when u shot front door it locks itself and u can't get in unless u have the key xxxx

*Vicki* said...

AW! These images are so sweet!! Gorgeous colors...I know he'll love this one Rhonda!! HUGS

Judy said...

Hi Rhonda,

Totally adorable card. Precious image and lovely coloring. Thank you for joining us at TTCRD, and the best of luck to you.

Judy

Gramma said...

First of all... Super card! I'm sure your nephew will love it. Secondly... where did you find (who makes) the star embossing folder? I "must" get one! Thanks for joining the fun at "Pike's Playground!"
Hugz,
Grammemail me at ashlynnsgramma@hotmail.com

Ginny said...

cute card, thanks for joining us as DDS :)

Unknown said...

This is cute! Thanks for playing at MIM!

Céline said...

so cute, love the embossing
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

rachel said...

lovely card! Thanks for joining us at crafty sentiments and good luck x

Bonnie Irvine said...

Love the embossing on the background pieces. The white over top really makes the raised parts pop. Cute image and great use of white matting for contrast. Thanks for joining us for our Red, White & Blue challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute.Just love the embossing and how you made it pop.Lovely card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Rhonda, this is adorable! I love that image and great use of embossing. Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments this week!