Followers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Christmas in July at TLL

Good morning!!  I'm hosting another challenge at The Latte Lounge.  The theme of this challenge is Christmas in July.  I thought we could all probably use a little head start on those Christmas cards.  The challenge runs for 2 weeks so you'll have until July 29th to enter.

Here are a couple of samples I came up with for inspiration.

For this one I used Snowman Laundry Line from The Stamping Boutique for this card.  I colored the image with Marvy markers.  I went over all the "sparkles" in the back ground and the design in the gloves with my clear stardust gel pen.  The snow at the bottom is Flower Soft.  I embossed the blue cs with my snowflake Cuttlebug folder.  I used my MS snowflake punch to make a couple of snowflakes and colored them with the stardust pen.

Here a different view to help show the Flower Soft at the bottom.

For this one I used Poinsettia Fairy from Michelle Perkett.  Isn't she lovely?  I colored the image with Marvy markers.  I then colored the wings and outlined the flowers with the stardust gel pen.  The trimmings and hand warmer are covered with Flower Soft.  The gems and DP are from my stash.

I am also entering this one in this weeks Flutterby Wednesday Challenge which is to use at least 3 layers.

Thanks for taking a look.  I hope you'll also join us for the other challenges happening at The Latte Lounge.  Melissa is hosting a bookmark challenge that ends Sunday.  Jo is hosting a color challenge that ends July 20 and Noreen is hosting a girly challenge.  Hop over and check them out.  There's also a monthly challenge.

~Rhonda

7 comments:

Danni said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Kathy Czygan said...

Awesome cards Rhonda! Love that clothesline full of snowman gear! We could have used a little of that snow here today! The Poinsettia Fairy is sweet! Love the flowersoft on her Muff and Hemline.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous cards and the flower soft looks wonderful!!! Better get started on my chrissy cards!!
xx

Anonymous said...

Fab cards and wonderful challenge idea!! I HAVE to get started on my cards as well!!! Blessings and Hugs!

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to look into these sparkly pens, they really do add that extra dimension. Both wonderful creations. *Hugs*

Whimcees said...

Great cards!

I keep seeing Christmas in July and after all the heat, humidity and rain we have been having here in this part of WI I must say I am actually looking forward to cold weather! :<)

Love all of your new creations! :<)

Wishing you a good week!

Barbara Diane

Nancy said...

Awesome cards!! I just love the angel!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week!!