Followers

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Door Hanger Challenge (2nd post)

Hello, it's me again.  Michelle Perkett has reached 300 member on her PCP group and to celebrate we're having a party of sorts.  We're sharing pics of our towns, families, etc... and Lynne decided to add to the fun by adding this great challenge to create a door hanger.  This sounded like a fun idea, so I gave it a try, what do you think?
I used the Princess for a day image from Michelle Perkett Studio, isn't she just so sweet?  I colored the image with Marvy markers and then used Stampendous red, gold and green glitter to make her dress sparkle, because every princess needs to sparkle.  I printed and punched out the Believe sentiment, also from Michelle Perkett Studio, I added some Stampendous gold glitter to the stars.  For my door hanger, I couldn't get to the store to buy one and didn't have any chipboard around, so I used the box from some frozen pizzas I bought the other day.  Lynne had provided a pdf pattern and I just traced it and cut it out.  Then I traced that onto the DP and cut it out.  The DP is ScrapWithinReach.  I added the princess and the sentiment.  I added some red Stampendous glitter around the edges of the sentiment and then used gold Stickles around the outside edges and inner edges of the doorknob hole.  The more glitter the better right?

Well, thanks for stopping by again.  Have a great Saturday.

~Rhonda

8 comments:

Michelle said...

OMG, Rhonda!! This is beautiful!!! Wow!! What an amazing job you did!! I love all the bling!! I think you had fun creating this!!:)

Unknown said...

Rhonda, I love your door hanger. Beautiful!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

So nice - love all the sparkle, any girl would love this!!

Lynne Armstrong said...

WOW Rhonda...it's gorgeous with all its bling! The girls will love it. Great job. Glad you had fun making it...I think it's fabulous :)

Stef H said...

oh this is absolutely super!! wow!

Becky said...

What a gorgeous door hanger Rhonda, I love the glittery edge!
xx

Pattie G said...

Rhonda, this is soooo pretty!!! I love all the glitter that you used.

Hugs
Pattie

cabio's craft corner said...

Very lovely door hanger Rhona. Beautiful glittery dress on the cute image. Great artwork!!!
Hugs,
Cabio