Followers

Monday, August 24, 2009

Ok, so I was able to get some cards made over the weekend. Woo Hoo! I decided to try a few different themes. I made a couple of Halloween, a birthday and a Christmas. It's fun finding new ways to use the same stamp sets. I'm also trying to come up with some good school cards for teacher appreciation, etc... Those should be fun.


For this one I used the carved and candlelit set from Stampin Up. I stamped the larger pumpkin first them I made a mask of it and stamped the smaller one next to it. Then I added the faces and stems. The Boo I got from the Booglie eyes set from Stampin Up and the Happy Halloween was just a generic from the craft store. The finished size of this card (and all other cards in this post) is 51/2 by 41/4. I have a few more ideas for this set, I'll be working on them over the next few days and get them posted.


For this card I had some fun scrapbook paper I thought would make a nice background. I used the Booglie eye set and stamped the monster on white cardstock. I trimmed and layered it and placed it on the card front. Again the Happy Halloween is the same generic stamp from the craft store. I also have it ready for the vampire and witch to be made into the same card. I love Halloween and all the fun things I can do with these sets.


For this one I used the Ahoy Matey set from Stampin Up (my fave, as you can tell) and decided to try it in a waterfall card. I stamped the treasure chest, ship, bird/ahoy matey and the pirate on the pieces of white and matted them and put them on the pull tab. The message that it reveals it Arrrr Happy Birthday Matey.


This card is made mostly from cardstock and scrapbook paper. I used my circle punch to punch out the candycanes and then the scallop punch to cut out the reverse side of the paper and matted them together. Then I cut a strip of the paper with the suckers and attached it to the bottom of the card front. The Merry Christmas stamp is from the Loads of Love set from Stampin Up. My kids especially liked this one and helped my put it together. We had a couple of different ideas, but this is the one that won out. I think it is fun.

No comments: