Followers

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Countdown to Christmas

Good morning!  I have a fun project to share with you today.  Every year my kids love to count down the days until Christmas.  We have tried many ways we have a fun wooden Mrs. Clause that spells out a special message as you turn over the numbers, we read a story each day leading up to Christmas and, of course, we have to have the chocolate calendars from the grocery store.  This year we wanted to try making a calendar on our own, so here is what we came up with...

I used the envelope punch board to make 24 small pockets using paper from The Paper Studio.  For the decoration on front, I used a 1 3/8 punch and a scallop circle punch from Stampin Up.  In some of the smaller circles I used an alphabet die set from Lawn Fawn to cut out the words Merry Christmas.  The other circles are decorated with stickers I got a Michael's last year.  For the clothespins, I used some ATC cards I bought at Hobby Lobby last year and cut out the individual numbers to glue on.  I added some gems from my stash and hung it from some twine I got from the dollar store.  Then we added some snack size Hershey bars for a treat.

I found the idea for the pockets on Pinterest.

Challenges
Just Keep on Creating - Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate - Anything Goes
Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes


Thanks for visiting.  Have a great day.

~Rhonda

10 comments:

brenda said...

What a great idea Rhonda and such fun for your children in the run up to Christmas - I hope they are all OK, especially the baby, I often think about him.

B x

brenda said...

I'm not sure if I lost my last comment Rhonda, so just in case wanted to say what a great idea and fun for your children coming up to Christmas. I hope they ate all OK, especially the baby who I often think about.

B x

*Vicki* said...

What a fun and festive project Rhonda! I love it!! ;) HUGS

Lisa said...

What an awesome idea this is, Rhonda!! It looks so fabulous!! I love the papers you used!! So fun!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

suzARTe said...

This is such a fun Christmas project, handmade Christmas decorations always have so much meaning. Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes December link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx

Anonymous said...

This is such a clever idea, and so beautifully made, Rhonda! My girls would love this -- I might have to give it a go for next year. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm sure your kids will have a lot of fun with this!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a SUPER idea and it looks fabulous too.

Billie A said...

Great idea and awesome for the whole family to enjoy. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination.

Norma said...

Fabulous way to keep count!! Thank you for joining our challenge over at Decorate to Celebrate.
Hugs,
Norma

Beth F. said...

WOW! What a great idea! I am impressed by how many pockets you have hanging there :)