Followers

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Some time filler activities

Hello!  I wanted to share a few projects I worked on last weekend when I needed to get my mind off the moving/finding a place to live dilema.  Lol.

I noticed some really neat try free for a week patterns in Cricut Craftroom and wanted to try one and I also tried some of the designs on my Gingerbread cart.  Here is what I came up with...

I'll start with the free cut pattern cards.  I have to admit, as pretty as the design was, I had a hard time finding a good way to adhere it to my card front.  As you can see on the first one, my first attempt was a major fail.  The other two turned out a little better.  On the last one I added some Hero Arts prisms glitter to the reindeer design.  I think that was my favorite one.




Next, my Gingerbread cuts.  Now, I did try to cut out the 'frosting', but it kept sticking too well to the mat and tore every time I tried to get it off.  I guess it's time to break down and buy the little spatula thingy.  Lol.  So, I decided to do some tangle designs on the cuts.  I think that turned out cute.  I'm going to do more of these and use them for gift tags.


Thanks for visiting.  Have a great day.

Challenges...
Just Keep on Creating - Anything Christmas
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
For Fun Challenges - Christmas with Sparkle
Make it Monday - Anything Goes

~Rhonda

10 comments:

Lisa said...

These are gorgeous!! I really love the reindeer image!! The gingerbread cuts are awesome, too!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jo said...

Love the red. My favorite color. Thanks for joining us this week at TTCRD.

Life and Knits said...

Beautiful cards!!

Susie

Lisa Minckler said...

These are completely unique and I love what you've created here. The reindeer look amazing and along with the beautiful border punch, you've got some stunning Christmas cards. Love the decorated ornaments at the bottom too!! :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Happy Crafting...
Lisa xx

Helen Dooley said...

reindeer are awesome. Im glad you shared at For Fun!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Love the reindeer cuts!! Such fabulous designs Rhonda!! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend friend! HUGS :)

Amy said...

Such beautiful cards! The reindeer is amazing and I couldn't tell you had any trouble at all adhering them to the card!

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Saw your card over on MIM and wanted to come over and say hi. The card turned out really great. I love the reindeer design. I agree with another commenter, you can't tell at all that you had any problems with adhering the image.

Lisa D.

Katy said...

Love the reindeer cards! What a cute Cricut Image! And the glitter is awesome! Thank you for joining us at For Fun Challenges! :) Your tags are cool too! :)

Mandy said...

Rhonda these are all absolutely gorgeous, I love the sparkly reindeer and the gingerbread house is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx