Followers

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Happy what???

Good morning!  My niece celebrated her birthday earlier this week and I wanted to share what I made her.  Now, having her birthday in October, she totally loves getting things with a Halloween theme, so, here you go...

I made her a secret box with some cute Halloween images from The Stamping Boutique.  I colored the images with Bic Markits and copics.  The DP is DCWV and I ran it through my swirls embossing folder for some added texture.  To help keep the box closed, I added some ribbon from my stash.

 Here is one side showing The Owl's Silly Costume.

 The other side shows Halloween Tea Time.

 The top of the box is showing Halloween Journal.  I noticed after I was all finished, I got it a little off center. Ooops.

Here is the inside full of lots of yummy treats.

Challenges...
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Just Keep on Creating - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Halloween
Raise the Bar - Which is Witch
Simon Says Stamp - Eerie Inspiration
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Favorite (mine are swirl embossing folder and box tutorial)
Flutterby Wednesday - Any Winged Creature
Decorate to Celebrate - Halloween Party

Thanks for looking.  Have a great day.

~Rhonda

16 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous, Rhonda!! I love the images...your coloring is so awesome!! And the hidden box is so much fun!! She will love it!! You should link this up at Decorate to Celebrate (http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/) for our Halloween challenge!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Rhonda
A fabulous and awsome box thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx

Janette said...

This is so fabulous, a great gift, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

brenda said...

What a fabulous make Rhonda, I bet your niece loved it.

B x

Sandy said...

I love these little secret boxes and yours looks fab with all the cute halloween images. A fun gift for your niece too.
Thanks for linking up with MIM this week,
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Hugs, Sandy :)

Aim said...

OH, I just LOVE these hidden boxes -- I've never tried one, but now I think I just might need too -- Yours is SO fabulous!! I bet your niece will treasure this forever!! :)

Thanks so much for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

BIG HUGS,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
and Decorate To Celebrate!

Pauline said...

Hi Rhonda...what a WOW creation this is! I love it. Thanks for playing in our challenge at Card Crafter's Circle!
hugs,
Pauline

Anna-Karin said...

This is so cute! Great idea and I am sure she is going to love it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Rhonda, this is such a clever little keepsake!! Love your design and sweet Halloween images! I bet the birthday girl loved it too!! ;0)

Missy said...

Great box, so many cute images!

Jingle said...

This is so totally fun! What a great way to gift some goodies!!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Eerie Inspiration over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Joy said...

Super cute and great creation... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Naomi Johnson said...

Such a great project. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz

Wanda Cullen said...

What a fabulous gift and such a fun box! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

~*Joni said...

Rhonda this is amazing! I love altered items, and this one takes the candy. Great job! Thank you so much for joining in on our Which is Witch challenge over at Raise The Bar!
~*Joni RTB DT

suzARTe said...

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely project at Anything goes, Just keep on creating.
Sorry it has taken so long to leave a comment. Just to let you know that the challenges are up and running again so hope you will continue to play along.
Also letting you know that I am having a giveaway on my personal blog as well hoping you will enter :)