Followers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First day of school

Hello!  I can't believe I haven't posted for a couple of days.  I have plenty of creations to share.  We've just been busy with sick kids and getting ready for back to school.  They kids were so excited to go back this morning, especially since they're going to a brand new school.

Here they are on our way out the door this morning.  My son wasn't sure he wanted his picture taken.

To celebrate back to school, here's a card I made using the Doodle Pantry School Sheep and School Time papers.

Isn't this the cutest image.  I colored the image with BIC Markits.  The sentiment comes with the image.

I'm entering this is the current Stock the Pantry challenge at Doodle Pantry and the Anything Goes challenge at Paper Playtime.

I also want to remind you, there's still a few days to get your entries in for the monthly challenge at The Crafter's Cafe, the theme is anything goes, but you'll have to check out the post for the twists that have been added.  Also, the kids challenge theme is Back to School, so lets see what the kiddies are making to celebrate being back in the classroom.  Aletha has an inspiration challenge going at the Get Hippity with Ippity group, there's still a little time to enter that.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day.

~Rhonda

8 comments:

Sharon Basel said...

Rhonda this is terrific. Your coloring is perfect and I love the overall design. I'm glad to see I'm not the only mom that goes picture crazy on the first day of school. My kids think it's torture! Anyway, thanks for joining us in the Doodle Pantry Stock the Pantry challenge!

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a cute card, Rhonda. The folks at Doodle Pantry will be pleased.

Blessings,
Teresa

PS - Thanks for commenting on my blog. The new software is fabulous. I can't wait for the reveal.

Glenda Atkins said...

Love your back to school picture and your card!! I took 'first day of school' pictures every year and it is so nice to go back and look at the changes from one year to next. Perfect way to preserve memories.

Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry Stock the Pantry #5 challenge.

Anonymous said...

Yay!! It's always fun to go back to school!! :) They look great!!!! I'm sure it will be fun to be in a new school and making friends!!

Your card is so adorable Rhonda!! Love the theme and colors here!! ;)

Unknown said...

Great picture of the kids! Love the look on your son. lol The card is really cute!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! Thank you for sharing your cute back to school picture.

Glittered Paws said...

This is the same image I used - but 2 entirely different looks, love that when we can be creative. Great coloring with your Bics. and what a cute back to school picture.

Patti J said...

So glad that you are taking 'first day' photos! I wish I had done that with our kids. Your card is adorable - love that image!!! Thanks for participating in the Doodle Pantry Stock the Pantry challenge!!!