Followers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Inktegrity new release day 3

Good morning!  I'm here today with a project using one of the images being released this week at Inktegrity.  Today, I'm excited to share with you the image that I requested from Joni.  I asked her for a butterfly.  Isn't it great.  I think she did such a great job with it and I had fun coloring it.

So here is the card I made.
I decided to make a joy fold card with this image.  I colored the image with Marvy markers, then cut it out and inked the edges with a sponge and SU ink.  The DP is DCWV.  The flower and button are from my stash.

Here is the inside of the card.  I just love this paper.  The sentiment comes with the image along with one other.


Thanks for taking a look.  I hope you'll check out the Inktegrity blog for the other image that is being revealed today and for more great inspiration.  I will post something with it in the next couple of days.  There will be one more image released tomorrow, so be sure to check it out.

Edited to add:  I forgot to share with you my inspiration for the butterfly.  Many of you know my youngest daughter was born with retinoblastoma (eye cancer) and in doing all my reading and research I came upon the website for the National Children's Cancer Society.  On their homepage they have a link called "Story of the Monarch Butterfly" and this is what it says:
Each fall, Monarch butterflies begin an incredible migration, journeying across North America to a hilltop in Mexico. They focus on their destination, not the difficulties along the way. Each day, the butterflies take their bearings and set off, allowing instinct and desire to steer them toward their goal. They accept whatever comes: some winds blow them off course, others speed them along their way. The butterflies keep flying until, one day, they finally arrive.
I have always loved butterflies, but after what we have gone through with our daughter and finding this little message, I have gained more love for them.



~Rhonda

1 comment:

Jackie Randolph said...

Love your card Rhonda, and your butterfly is beautiful. Love how you colored it to match your paper.