Followers

Friday, October 2, 2009

It's Red Friday at OWH!

Today in honor of Operation Write Home Red Friday I will share a card I plan to send to them so they can send it to a hero to be able to give to their family.  I have only known about this organization for a couple of months and am already having fun making cards for these people who put their lives on the line every day for our freedom and safety to give a little joy to their families.  So here is a card I will be sending to them along with more that I will put toghether tomorrow (World Card Making Day, what better way to celebrate.).



As you can see from other posts and my sidebar, I love to make iris fold cards about as much as I love stamping.  I discovered this type of craft last year and have been having fun with it ever since.  The stamp is from the Christmas Expressions set from TPC Studio.  I think this would be a fun card for a soldier to send to his family to wish them a Happy Holiday Season, don't you?


Also, as I mentioned above, don't forget that tomorrow is World Card Making day.  Have fun celebrating and making cards.  I plan to make more hero cards and maybe add to my Christmas cards.  Check out  the World Card Making Day site, Paper Crafts Connection, Moxie Fab World, Creating Keepsakes and any number of other blogs and web sites for ways to celebrate, contests, prizes and inspiration.  Thanks for having a look.  Enjoy your day.

6 comments:

Operation Write Home said...

Oh what a cute card!!! I need to learn how to make those.....

Rhonda Miller said...

I learned from a tutorial at Circle of Crafters. Their link is on my sidebar.

Jillian said...

Nice card!! I love OWH and everything they do!! :) Thanks for sharing!

Tammy said...

Such a cute card! Love the Iris fold!

Tammy x

Caryl P said...

I love your iris fold snowflake, so beautiful!

Seongsook Duncan said...

Thanks for sharing your nice cards and your kind encouraging comments on my blog. I thought I left a comment here yesterday but obviously I got distracted. Thanks again.