Followers

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Father's Day with a Fancy Fold

Hello!!  I hope you're all having a good day.  I'm enjoying summer vacation so far.  The kids have been so nice and have been letting us sleep in.  I'm loving it.

I'm here with my 2nd challenge over at The Latte Lounge.  I thought it would be fun this time around to make Father's Day cards using a fancy fold.  You can use any fancy fold you like and any image from any company as long as it is for Father's Day.  I hope you'll join us.  The challenge will run for 2 weeks.  Also, the graduation/congrats challenge has been extended until Sunday, so you still have time to enter that as well.

Here are a couple of sample cards I made for this challenge.

For this first one I used an image from Robyn's Fetish.  Isn't it sweet.  I thought it would make a good Father's Day card.  I colored the image with Marvy markers.  The DP is from Rusty Pickle.  The cs and brads are from my stash.  The sentiment is Sweet N Sassy.  For the fancy fold on this card I chose to do an easel card.  I just love these, as you can display them so nicely.

For the next one I used this Crafting Widow image from Karen's Doodles.  I thought it was perfect.  I colored the image with Marvy markers.  The DP is DCWV.  The cs is from my stash.  The sentiment was a freebie from The Creative Cottage.  For this card I chose to do a tri-shutter card.  I just love the way these cards look.  For now I just left the center with a white blank piece because I am trying to think of the perfect sentiment to go with this image for Father's Day.  It'll come to me eventually.

Well, thanks for stopping by.  I hope you like what you see and will join in the challenge.

~Rhonda

3 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hi Rhonda!

Great cards! I especially love the image of the father with his children! :<) The papers are perfect for a man's card!

Wishing you a happy weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Seongsook Duncan said...

Rhonda, great cards! Thanks for sharing your endless energy and inspiration. Enjoy your vacation.

Suz said...

What adorable cards they are just so fun

I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog during the OWH blog hop.